Pronunciation and grammar
We are working on a mini grammar for Skolt Sámi designed especially for users of Oahpa!-nuõrti .
The materials we have used include:
- Feist, T. 2010: A grammar of Skolt Saami . Manchester.
- Moshnikoff, S. / Moshnikoff J. / Koponen 2009: Koltansaamen koulukielioppi. Inari.
- Sammallahti, P. / Mosnikoff, J. 1991: Suomi-koltansaame-sanakirja. Utsjoki.
Here is a link to our paradigm generator where you can type in a word and get its various word forms.
So far our grammar contains the following chapters (we plan to write more):
- Alphabet and pronunciation – Intro
- Word classes
- Morphophonology (coming)
- Noun derivation
- Verb derivation (coming)
- Adjective derivation (coming)
- Numeral derivation (coming)
- Adverb derivation (coming)
- Inflection (coming)
- Noun inflection (coming)
- Verb inflection (coming)
- Adjective inflection (coming)
- Syntax (coming)
Please note that our ressources are at a developmental stage and may contain errors. We work on improving them. If you have comments or criticism, feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).