Tools for South Saami
Here are some tools for those who are learning South Saami, or are parents of children who are learning South Saami.
- Gïelese: learn South Saami words. Audiofiles and photos.
- OAHPA-åarjel – Interactive programs for training words and grammar
- Gïelebaalkan mietie - course paths for university students learning North Saami. Explanations are in Norwegian and Saami. Audiofiles and links to exercises.
- Grammar (in Norwegian)
- Paradigms – Tool for word inflection
- Neahttadigisánit – online dictionary. You don't have to downloac it. The dictionary knows also inflected words, and has a Reader Plugin which makes it possible to click at words at Internet, to get them translated.
Nedtedigibaakoeh: Saami-Norwegian and Norwegian-Saami online dictionary
- Understands inflected words
- Offers inflection paradigms.
- Linked to corpus search.
- With a bookmarklet: click a word in a text to get it translated.
Webdict: Saami-Norwegian and Norwegian-Saami online dictionary.
- The words are presented as a list, which can be useful if you don't know how to spell the word.
- Only baseforms.
- More South Saami dictionaries
- Numbers, clock and dates in many Saami languages
- GEO – place names from language to language
- Corpus search – look up words in texts
- Divvun spell checker program