Tools for North Saami
Here are some tools for those who are learning North Saami, or are parents of children who are learning North Saami.
- OAHPA-davvi - Interactive programs for training words and grammar
- Oahpa giela (Kursa) - course paths for university students learning North Saami. Explanations are in Norwegian and Saami, and one path has explanations in Finnish. Audiofiles and links to exercises.
- Grammar, also in English
- Tool for word inflection
Neahttadigisánit – Saami-Norwegian and Norwegian-Saami online dictionary
- Understands inflected words
- Offers inflection paradigms.
- Linked to corpus search.
- With a bookmarklet: click a word in a text to get it translated.
Webdict: Saami-Norwegian and Norwegian-Saami online dictionary.
- The words are presented as a list, which can be useful if you don't know how to spell the word.
- Only baseforms.
- More dictionaries
- Numbers, clock and dates in many Saami languages
- GEO - place names from language to language
- Machine translation from Saami to Norwegian
- Text-to-speech – The computer reads the text loadly.
- Corpus search – look up words in texts
- Divvun spell checker program
- Saami keybord for the computer and the mobile